TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my son and I trade for this 95 T-bird fairly nice car need a little work it had hit a deer in the right front. we have replaced the hood, head lights, header panel, and corner lights. it runs good drive ok need front end a lined and tires.
Ok let get to the problem my son calls me the other day "dad the car is getting hot" ok so he comes by my work and we look at it and fins the fan locked up. ok so we replace it. About 2 days later " dad the car is getting hot and there is a crack in the radiator" ok so we replace it with a new one just like the fan assembly new. so the nite "Dad the car got warm but not hot" ok well I get home about 5-10 minutes after him and there is stream coming from under the hood we open it and it looks like stream is coming from between the pass. side timing cover and block ? I think I was to mad to close real real close it was not a good ending to a already bad day.

Help I'm ready to sell and move on.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Are you talking maybe behind the alternator? That could be a number of things from the coolant tube under intake, or intake itself leaking, witch is mostlikely gaskets, you didn't say if it was a v6 or v8? Best thing would be to rent a presser tester, it's free to rent and worth it, good luck

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
Check for leaks at the heater hose outlet on the back of the passenger side of the intake manifold. May as well check both hoses.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well after more investigation I have found that it is leaking from the intake to head right at the front of the pass. side. so I guess I pull the intake and put new gaskets on it.

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
If you need gaskets, I have a set, brand new.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
sounds like its time to track down some 96+ intake parts and swap on the newer intake setup :)

like mentioned above though, make sure you check the water pump nipple and change the piece of hose while you have that intake off. it leaks, and its a real pain to remove the whole intake (especially that aluminum monster) just to change that hose. if the nipple is rusted too badly I'm not sure you can even get a new one... you may have to upgrade to the new tube and nipple, which I'm not sure fits under the old intake, and it definitely doesn't sit in the OE location.

otherwise if your keeping that old manifold.

separate the plenum and clean the EGR passages
change the vacuum Tee's for the vacuum scavenging
change the big piece of hose for the ICA tube
clean out the DPFE hoses and check the EGR tube for cracks
you should probably swap the EGR just to be safe(you'll understand why when you see the location)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
do you have a U-Pull-it in your neighborhood? they usually charge absolutely nothing for parts since most of their money is made in crushing the cars.

their business model is weird, its like a crusher scrap yard, but they let you come in and pull stuff to buy cheep before they crush. the cars only sit in their lot for like 2-3months before their swapped out. always new stuff coming in.

i walked out with an entire ECM/wiring harness for like $80. and a traclok pumpkin for $60... its something to look at. bet you could get everything you needed for the swap for around $100 including the 96+ intake.

just make sure its a aluminum crossover intake. and try not to buy a Dorman, they stick out like a sore thumb with integrated gaskets, and a great big ugly Dorman brand on one of the intake runners.

trust me, the $100 now will save you hundreds later when a shop has to take the intake off the change the EGR. they fail quite regularly on Fords, especially ones that burn lots of oil :D just ran into this issue this week, and i was so happy i swapped out my intake and it only took me 5 min in the parking lot at work with a 10mm and a big wrench.

if i still had my old alum junker it would have taken hours and required removing the intake and breaking the tube loose from the manifold... near impossible to get access to the bolts holding the damn thing to the intake without taking the whole EGR tube, and valve out with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts