TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get the intake manifold out of my car... it's all unbolted except for the EGR which is holding it there. My question is:

HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET IT OFF?!

I've been trying to find an angle at this forever, and can't seem to get it. Is there a way to do this without taking off the exhaust manifold? I have tried unbolting it from the intake manifold, unbolting the pipe from the header... what am I doing wrong?

I know it's stupid, but I'm a newb. How do I get this off? Quick responses appreciated... I am trying to get it done tonight.

-Joel

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Joel,

This is not the best way but since I had a new pipe and was pulling the engine I used a hack saw. LOL

I think you can access it better if you take off the windshield wiper cowl .

What is your plan for this removal? Replacement?

Tony

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just trying to get the manifold off so we can do headgaskets.

-Joel

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright, job is finished... took the elbow off and could get to it easily. Engine is lunched.. new motor time.

-Joel

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, it's my 95. I don't know if I am going to replace the engine, or start looking for another bird/mark.

-Joel

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
You're not allowed to use that ugly word yet. I'm not swapping wheels and tires till after the meet on the 27th...

Hey, Tony, you wouldn't happen to have an extra set of NPI Heads sitting around would you?? We're all trying to find parts for Joel...

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No need for npi stuff, if it gets running again it will be PI.

-Joel

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Ahhhhhh OK. I've definitely got a PI Head you can have. It just needs some machine work done to it...

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I dont really have any thing sitting around. I dont have much storage space since my basement is all finished in living space. I got rid of the old motor and the heads on it were the old f 4 castings anyway and it had the original AL intake. I have the ported AL on the new motor.

I am going to send my chip out to Dave next week and have it re done for the 80 mm MAF, the 24 # injectors and have him raise the shifts points up a bit.

Tony

Yeah its snowing and the traction control on the wifes van quit working yesterday when we were up in Rocky Mtn Nat Park. :(

Might be able to buy my mechanics SC for $1500. If he still has it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts