TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today my girlfriend installed a battery in her 95 Tbird, 4.6l, all by herself. Evidentally she put the neg on the pos and vise versa. She realized what was happening and swapped them out, last owner put new cables on it, they must of swapped red and black...retard move. The problem now is that the shifter will not move when the brake pedal is depressed and the brake lights don't work. I need some wiring diagram for this car...Hanse manual stinks, can anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not sure if it has anything to do with your battery issue, but there is a switch attached to the mid-upper brake peddle arm that controls the shift unlock and brake lights. Mine stopped working and I found the wire frayed off. Had to put a new end on the wire and reattach.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
The boo switch brake on off switch is on the same circuit as the brake lights you popped a fuse check your fuses. That one is under the dash if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Ill bet you blew the fuse also. This reminds me of a customer that came in a few months ago in an 01 or 02 f-150. He said the truck was running bad and I cant remember the other symptoms. I went to hook up the battery tester and he had the battery hooked backwards the whole time. I didnt even know a car would start and run like that. He may have had to jump it off...but it really caught me off guard. I told him how amazed I was that there werent any other problems.
-Rob

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well, I found the reason for the BOO switch not working. The 40 amp fuse (12 FL) in the primary fuse panel keeps blowing out. This circuit runs alot of other things such as the stop lights, radio, power locks......IO'm having a hard time finding the short. As soon as I put another fuse in....BAM! it blows.....

None of the fuses are blown inside the car, just #12 under the hood. Is the a common problem with the MN12?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I would start my disconnecting anything that is a `module' on that circuit one at a time.. And feel free to use a OHM meter instead of fuses.. or even a light bulb would work too.. to see if you find the piece in question

Radio/amp
Remote entry (factory)
alarm (factory)
Brake switches (BOO and Brake travel)??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes I'm using the correct tools. I did find the short and repaired the wire. Still nothing works, think the module was fried at the fuse box?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Isn't Red with Blue tracer for the starter circuit??

May have more uses thou.. i'm not in front of my wiring diagrams at this time..

IF you have disconnected all the modules on that circuit and it still is shorted to ground.. it can be a wire someplace else.. I had my Primary fuse panel (the one under the dash) decide to melt on me in the wiper fuse location on my '96, so that'll be another place to look.. it unbolts and all the wires unplug from it so you can see if any are discolored/melted at any point..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah, that's were i'm at right now, no fuses are blowing now short is no fixed.....tommorrow is another day. red/light blue is the starter circuit. I'm kinda looking at the ford alarm. I'll keep everyone updated. My info on the wiring is very limited, but with a test light and DVM, I should get it figured out....maybe.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts