TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys, I caved in my front reinforcement, (part #3 in the link), and I want to remove the cover so I can attempt to straighten it: http://www.group1autoparts.com/auto-parts/1995/ford/thunderbird/super-coupe-trim/3-8l-v6-gas-engine/body-hardware-cat/bumper-and-components-scat/je890134-assy

My concern is I might break some of the mounting hardware on the bumper cover, and not be able to find replacement hardware. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I apologize for the incorrect link in my first post on this thread.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,330 Posts
The link you posted is rear impact bar, the front one is welded to the frame rails. For the bumper cover remove the headlights/corners remove the 10(5 per side)phillps head screws holding the splash guards in place, remove the 4 plastic push pins holding the cover to the core support on the bottom, remove the 2(1 per side) small 5.5mm bolts under the corner light area, remove the 4(2 per side) nuts holding the bumper cover to the bottom of the fenders(access through the splash guards) and using a long flat head screw driver carefully pry up on the bumper cover segments that clip into the header panel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts