TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a rotted out 89 manual tbird supercoupe for really cheap. My question is will the rke bolt up to my 4.6? I have the clutch pedal assy and hydraulics for the clutch. I have all the wiring stuff to make a dummy plug for the the trans connector. And have a way of working around park and neutral. And I have the driveshaft from the sc.

·
Registered
1991 Mercury Cougar LS 5.0 in restoration
1,512 Posts
No, the RKE only attached to the 3.8 and SBF. Modular would need a t-45, or better yet a 3650.

·
Registered
1994 Black T-Bird 4.6 DOHC TR-3650
166 Posts
You are very lucky to have found the clutch pedal and related parts, since they are almost impossible to find now...

Welcome in the swap club and enjoy your project! You will find answers here... 🔧 (y)

·
Registered
1994 Black T-Bird 4.6 DOHC TR-3650
166 Posts
I wonder something: In the worst case, is it possible to fabricate an adaptor plate in order to bolt that M5R2 to a modular engine?

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
21,278 Posts
An adapter plate would move the transmission back, so there would be no or little engagement with the input shaft to the crank pilot bearing. The only way to make this work on a 4.6is to find a first year 1991 modular engine from a town car that used the SBF pattern or finding a 4.6 F150 M5R2 to salvage the case from and completely disassembling both to make one

·
Super Moderator
12,764 Posts
The nice thing on the 3650 is where the shifter comes up. The others are in the dash...

Reactions: CDsDontBurn
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.