TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Mercury Cougar LS 5.0 in restoration
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ready to start pulling parts out of the interior of my parts car. It's currently all there with the exception of the headliner and door panel covering. Seats are in decent shape, not perfect. I haven't tried to clean the back seat, but I could if someone wanted to see if they'll clean up. Dash pieces are very usable, again not perfect. I can pull any parts and clean them up and send pics if you're interested.

I'm in Iowa and the car is about an hour away from me, but I'll make an effort to get there and pull parts nearly every weekend, send parts out the following week.

·
Registered
1994 XR7 , 46 most every option. 66.000 miles. rustfree, from washington state.
333 Posts
are the seat covers the same as cougar 94-5 ? what for shape is the driver seat trim panel ?
r power seat or manual ? did tbird have lumbar in the front seats ? cant tell from pics.
my interior trim # is 66. in the pic your seats are lighter than mine. glove box shock still good ? closer pics of the frt seat covers would be great.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure if 94 and 95 are the same or not. This is a Cougar, so my assumption was they were. I can get you closer pics of everything this weekend. Here is a video look at the driver seat trim. Not sure if it has lumbar or not.

·
Registered
333 Posts
where in iowa are you. im sw of rockford ill. nw ill.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Waterloo. About 3 hours due west of you.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

The drivers seat cover is a little thin on color along a couple seems. Not very wrinkled and no tears, iirc. I bought the car for exterior parts, didn't look close at the interior.

·
Registered
333 Posts
i might be interested in the seat covers.could try dying them. drivers most important. mine isnt bad. just
want a little better.seat trim does have lumbar.are both sides good? i saw the tbird wheel and just assumed.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll check both sides, clean the seat covers and send some pics. I've always wondered if a person find a barely used passenger seat cover, of there's any reason you couldn't put it on the driver side. As long as the opening for switches doesn't tear, it should work well. Not sure if that helps or not, just an idea.

I forget why it had the Third wheel. I think the instrument cluster surround may be T-bird as well because it's black?

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
I'd be interested in the center console arm rest lid thing and the center console thing for the HVAC / stereo is located.

It also appears to be a SATC equipped car. If it's working....I'd like to take the temperature sensor too if you're not claiming that for your car.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll try to get some good pictures of those items this weekend. Not sure the SATC would even work on my 91...

·
Registered
333 Posts
thank you !how far from me is the car? road trip? i dont do gravel.anal so and so!
iowa, home of great tenderloin sammiches !

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
home of great tenderloin sammiches !
Yes, it is - I know a few places;).

The car is 3 hr 58 min from Rockford. It's a pretty easy drive other than the area through Galena to the Mississippi. That would have been really scenic 3 weeks ago.

I'll get you really good pictures Saturday. I'd clean and drive a car with those seats in it. Wouldn't be a show car by any means, but nothing I'd be ashamed of either.

I'd hate for you to drive that far and be disappointed. ( I'm a bit of a perfectionist)

No gravel! It's at my parents acreage, but it's a good blacktop rural road.

·
Registered
333 Posts
im from mt morris. we run 52 to dubuque a couple times a year. got a can am spyder rt.
nice scenery up that way. galena is a tourist trap , but nice riding in the area.
maybe it would be easier to get the seats instead of the covers
for you.

Reactions: Zep5.0

·
Registered
333 Posts
either its an optical illusion or those seats are light enough gray to be 96-97 gray.way lighter than some of the interior parts. maybe its just me. it does have the lumbar buttons weird !

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'd be interested in the dash gauge bezel if it's

1) actually black (I understand that Cougars had all different kinds of colors and I can imagine that's gun metal grey instead of black, because my luck sucks),
2) the mounting tabs/holes (top, bottom) are not broken/snapped off like so many I find in Pick-Your-Part,
3) there are no cracks in the main body of the bezel itself.

I'd love to see a picture or two of it if/when you remove it (carefully, those tabs love to break) from the car.

Reactions: Zep5.0

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Guage bezel is junk. As is the radio and A/C bezel. The console arrive the shifter is actually pretty decent, not perfect, but light scratches that aren't very noticeable. I can get pics of that if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Console lid is decent.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Passenger seat is by far the best of the two but not perfect.

Then the driver seat

And the driver side seat trim is broken.

·
Registered
333 Posts
passenger seat is interesting. im still wondering if those seats are 94-5. there is no power lumbar button,
which was standard, and the color looks too light[96 or 7?]. gotta review some literature.are these tbird seats? dont know if the tbirds got power lumbar in 94 and 5. only way to tell is with the covers off an see the engineering # tag. you can call me days -815-734-4033.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
and the color looks too light[96 or 7?]
Confirmed, seats are out of a 96 Cougar. That would explain the lighter color. I got a message from the prior owner.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts