TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity, if I needed to get a new computer did they upgrade the problems associated with the 94-95 computer.

·
Registered
355 Posts
i have a 95 EEC for sale pm me

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would I be able to use a 96-97 EEC being that I have a later type trans?

Posing this thought: I wouldn't think you could use a 96-97 due to the intake and the mass air calibration being different.

Is my thinking flawed?:)

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Please define " inherent problems with the 94-95 EEC's"
Looks like nobody knows what you are talking about.:zdunno:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
96/97 won't work in a 94/95 unless you rewire it. They have external ignition modules where as the later is in the EEC.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
The only issue that was common on the 94-95 is the injector drivers that seem to go around 70K. My replacement hasn't had any issues so I assume they upgraded something

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
At the time, before I was confident working on a modular instead of a pushrod motor, I took it to the dealership and they diagnosed and replaced it. If you need a remanufactured one I would probably give give Dan a call and see what he gets for them. Are you concerned about damaging yours with the wrong TCC solonoid in the trans?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yah, that and a little preventative maintenance before the injector problem looms it's ugly head.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Cool you are one of the lucky ones if you still have your origional. I've had the replacement on for 160,000 so I think they worked out whatever the glitch was

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
93SC said:
If they have a different MAF then that could be a problem.
Anybody happen to know if the '96/97 has a different MAF than the '94/95? I'm in the process of planning to re-wire my '95 to put in a '96 PCM (I have the '96 engine harness, PCM Harness, transmisson harness and under-hood harness and PCM). If anyone knows what is different between the two (The TCC, and MAF are the ones I'm not sure about, I know I need a different IAT and ECT sensor for the gauge), I would appreciate the info... (PM Me so as not to hijack the thread any more)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts