TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys think the front end of a 95 LX t bird would fit on the front of the 1996? I happen to like the front of the 95's better than the 96, I know a hood would have to be replaced, which I was planning to do anyways, but I'm just curious if anyone has attempted to do this before.

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
Actually, you dont have to change the hood or the headlights. Alot of people do this swap. All you have to do is swap the bumper. Someone correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
warmaster259 said:
Actually, you dont have to change the hood or the headlights. Alot of people do this swap. All you have to do is swap the bumper. Someone correct me if im wrong.
It's usually people with 95s putting 96 headlights/hoods on their cars, but yeah, what you said should be pretty much the same thing.

·
Registered
608 Posts
you may have to swap the header panel as well, not sure if the 96 will work with 95 lights.

lemme know if you are gonan sell your 96 lights, im lookin to do a half & half thing on mind, 96/7 lights, 97 hood, and keep my 93 bumper

·
Registered
2,806 Posts

The 96 header panel works fine with the 94/95 bumper, you just have to drill three holes to readjust it to line up with a 96/97 hood.

-Miller

P.S. RIP My old bird :bawling:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
huh, that's pretty cool, when im done with my engine swap im looking to start exterior work. I'm keeping the lights though, my mother has a 96 bird and she gets top priority, ha.

·
Registered
811 Posts
It don't fit at all!!!!! Just kidding, check out my car domain and you can see what mine looks like. I am with you on the better looking front end.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Lithsanatrex said:
what ahppened to your 95? and what did you do with your 97 bumpers?
If you are talking to me, I crashed in the back of a van in Dec and the insurance co tottaled it. I stipped it down to almost nothing and had a scrap yard pick it up and even pay me, because it ran.....at least before I wrecked it. :D Really I'm not sure why it wouldn't crank over and really didn't put more than the key in it to find out after I hit the inertia (sp?) of course. Besides I had my new one in mind already.

The bumpers off the 96 are collecting dust in my storage unit.....and I will probly just end up selling them or something.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ya, not bad, I just think it makes the car look more wind resistant. Or atleast it looks like it supplys more air to the engine. But in reality I'm sure both 96 and 95 covers are pretty much the same.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Lithsanatrex said:
how did you do that with your headlights? ( the black stuff in between the lights)
They are painted on the out side with Krylon Fusion. I just masked off the centers, there is a fine line to go off of. IMO it really brings some character to the front end.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts