TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it drips oil from the front driver's side.
I have ramps but the car doesnt seem to leak when its at an angle.
I have cleaned off the engine several times and cannot spot exactly where the leak is. I was hoping it was going to be the sensor but that doesnt look like its leaking. Any tips?
I have been driving the car the same way i normally do (hammered down running to redline and all of that) and in one month and 5 tanks of gas the car has only lost about 1 quart of oil. I keep checking the car and it always has too much oil. But it leaks like crazy!! What is going on?
Ive tried changing the oil again and its not leaking from the oil filter.
Im stumped! I plan on taking it in for service soon if I can't figure it out.
Thanks for the help!
Ryan

btw i run 15/50 mobil1

·
SuperNewbie
2,869 Posts
Mine started leaking from the gasket between the oil filter adapter and teh engine block. Its probably that gasket. Its a mysterious leak until you watch it leak from there the first time.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that is what i thought also supergordo. it looks like its leaking from around the top of that. im gonna put it on a level lift on saturday and figure this out once and for all.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
five tanks of gas in a month?
or 6.
i got 2 jobs, i go to school, i got a girlfriend. i also am an imsomniac. usually dont sleep much, and i dont stay home. i go out.
I drive at least 50-100 floored out miles a day.
and no im not conservin gas. either stay ahead of the pack or way behind. people around here cannot drive. id rather get away from them. not so hard with the 4.6 :D

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
$40=250miles
tbird vs. prius head on 60mph. thats why i like havin a heavy car. the plow factor should always be considered. I wont be taking my car to orlando tomorrow but a loaded Ford Escape (sux) with GPS (unnecessary) but i didnt rent it my friends did. im just leachin along and goin to 0-town to blow some money on halloween horror nights and universal studios for the weekend (got free tickets! 2ND year in a row!)
tbird vs. escape
hmmm id probally rather be in the tbird. im gonna have these cars til i die.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
or 6.
i got 2 jobs, i go to school, i got a girlfriend. i also am an imsomniac. usually dont sleep much, and i dont stay home. i go out.
I drive at least 50-100 floored out miles a day.
and no im not conservin gas. either stay ahead of the pack or way behind. people around here cannot drive. id rather get away from them. not so hard with the 4.6 :D

id rather spend my money on something i can use.....instead of driving like an assclown because its cool. So, at about $60 a fillup times 6....you blew $360 just in gasoline to be cool. awesome priorities there, chief.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts