TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 95 mark 8 longblock that I would like to build up. I realize it's not a teksid block but I will never see 400+ HP anyways. Here is the plan.

Keep block and rotating assembly.
stock 2 valve oil pump
ported 2v heads
cams

I plan to reuse the 95 timing cover I have now. The question i have is, what tensioners, chain guides and other front hardware do I need? Should I keep all the stuff that was originally on the mark 8? I have limited space and I plan on junking quite a bit of it, but would hate to buy something because I junked it previously.

I appreciate any help.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
just curious as to why you'd take a 4v block and not keep it as a 4v block? why put 2v heads on it? just build a beasty 4v.

·
Registered
160 Posts
All Mark VIII factory motors were teskids... supposedly though a few very early production 93's may have had some forged bits inside, but this is the stuff of legends :D

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just curious as to why you'd take a 4v block and not keep it as a 4v block? why put 2v heads on it? just build a beasty 4v.
I have a 4 valve already in my other car. I really don't want to redo the wiring and other things necessary for a 4 valve swap into my bird. I have most of the two valve parts already, so it makes sense to me to stick with what I know and have parts for.

·
Registered
890 Posts
i will be doing the same thing. i got the mark vii block and the pi heads. keep us posted. when you put the 2v heads on your gonna bump up the compression to 12 to 1 make sure you use premium gas

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i will be doing the same thing. i got the mark vii block and the pi heads. keep us posted. when you put the 2v heads on your gonna bump up the compression to 12 to 1 make sure you use premium gas
When I go that high, it will be 93 with lots of timing pulled and 100 octane at the track. That is my goal right now. I have heard that having a more radical cam helps being able to run lower octance gas (less than race gas) on the street. I guess I will find out.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
When I go that high, it will be 93 with lots of timing pulled and 100 octane at the track. That is my goal right now. I have heard that having a more radical cam helps being able to run lower octance gas (less than race gas) on the street. I guess I will find out.
yes that's true....a longer intake duration has the valve close later which reduces dynamic compression, thus lessening the peak cylinder pressure right before the plug fires

1 - 13 of 13 Posts