TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
95 Mark VIII project-new PICS!!!

Thanks to all who helped. I ran a compression check on the motor this morning. All is good...very good.

since I had the plugs out, and after reading that Autolite had a bad run of plugs, I decided to swap them out with AC Delco(I know-boooo). But for diagnostic purposes.

since with the Autolite's, #8 wasnt firing, I installed the new plugs, and a new set of wires(177k on the original plugs and wires).

cranked it....YES SIR!!! No more miss. it idled perfectly, and when I took if for a test drive...you wouldnt believe the power. Now, I already have a 1994, high-14 second mark VIII, stock motor, JMOD, etc. This LSC will eat it alive.

anyway...just wanted to let you all know...the car is done. I spent a good 3 hours detailing it before I handed it over to my buddy.

He calculated-1995 Mark VIII LSC, total cost out of pocket-$794.00

and it is almost a show quality car. I will post pics tomorrow. Since I spent all day away from home, after the job was done, I went to the store, and cooked a "Emerril" style dinner for the Mrs.

Thanks gang!:D

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Congratulations man!! I Bet the feeling of accomplishment was incredible!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, considering this thing came in on a hook. it had been fired prior to the work, but never driven, so we had no idea how it would actually DRIVE after the work was done. Before yanking the motor, it had a tranny leak, so we found the dip-stick O-ring was shot. We dropped the old, flat pan, replaced the fluid with Mercon V, installed a new filter, new dip-stick O-ring, and my new pan off my 94's tranny. NO-MO leak! Once the motor was back in, it drove like a 50k mile car...haulin donkey!

Here is a few pics of the finished project. Folks...we have a TOTAL of $794 into the whole car. Just a set of tires, and registration remains. The tires arent even bad...but my buddy wants new ones since these have been on the car since 2000.

Here's pics!

THIS is the motor, after repair and installation, but BEFORE detailing!

This is the motor NOW, before new beauty cover goes on(he wants it to appear stock, so he is ordering a new beauty cover)

Here is the car!!!

This car idles like silk, hauls butt like a true LSC should, and passed emissions like a brand new car. Unbelievable.

Thats all for now gang!

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
How do you identify an LSC engine? Thanks
-Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts