TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got one real cheap... It there a point to even use it? or should I get a 93 shaft.. I know its not one peice I believe. The guy at the yard said it was a 93 bought it then next week someone told me it was a 95... sooo Can anyone verify?? Thanks!

·
Registered
293 Posts
This is not related to your question, but can you do me a favor?? Can you take weight on the shaft and measure the total lenght...
I'm trying to work something out on a shipping quote for a alum. shaft, thats why.

Thanks, and sorry for the hijack :D

Ed...

·
Registered
456 Posts
If i tell you its a 95 will you give it to me??? :D

Looks like a one piece in that pic. I cannot see the split down near the rear U-joint, where the shaft has a separation between inner and outer sleeve.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Thats a 93 shaft, but I wonder what happened to it. It doesn't have any dent or serious scrapes does it? Those U-joint definately look ugly, I'd install new ones for sure.
Alan

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks alot guys!! I am going to polish it before it goes in ;) I got alot of time! PS where can I get new ujoints cheap?

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh btw i got the shaft for 30 bucks ;)

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
get dana spicers and have it balanced....dont worry about polishing it, have to taken care of the right way.

joseph

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
i have some moog/spicers from rockauto.. maybe 5k on them.. on my driveshaft i just took off..

i can throw them in as a package deal w/ the spoiler :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dutch 4.6 said:
This is not related to your question, but can you do me a favor?? Can you take weight on the shaft and measure the total lenght...
I'm trying to work something out on a shipping quote for a alum. shaft, thats why.

Thanks, and sorry for the hijack :D

Ed...
93 DS
Length: 57.8 inches
Weight: 15 pounds (my steel one weighs 22 pounds on the same scale)

·
Registered
456 Posts
I bought PI u-joints(precission industries). definately a quality part, with end cap czerk fitting, not mid-yoke.

polishing isnt necessary. In fact, just clean it....thats all.

But go have it balanced, and be sure you index it correctly with your yoke, and to the tailshaft of the tranny. before I did that I was t-t-t-y-p-i-n-g l-l-l-ike t-t-t-this.

:D

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what places does the balancing?

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Thats a weld. if it has a gap in it that you can see rbber inside it is the tube in tube 95 style 2 piece. That looks like 1 piece to me. Any driveshaft shop can balance for you. I pay about $30 through the company. I would guess $50 would be about right for a cash customer.
Alan

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i dont see any rubber in there.. butits not a weld its a huge *** gap.. you guys still want it ??? ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts