TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I have a 95 merc cougar with the 4.6 motor and well it overheated yesterday, and has water in the oil now I am trying do this cheap I was just curious what you guys thought of this car doing this at 130,000 miles and if you may think it is the intake and not the heads we also had no warning on this that I am familar with. I am used to push rod motors and am very concerned about doing a modular motor. Just a little more info I put liquid glass in it this morning and will be changing the oil tonight after curing process is done, when I ran it today with the liquid glass in it, it kept the right temp for 40 mins then I shut it down for the curing to take place. any info on this would be much apprecited.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
yeah the glass seemed to work so far if it stands up to the texas heat for this next week I am sending it through the auction if I also have a friend who is interested too so I got it licked for now

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Head gaskets blowing are a rare occurance on 4.6 unless you have 15+ lbs of boost.
bought my 97 with blown head gaskets and its never seen boost, is it rare yes.... but does it happen....yes

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
That must have been one severely overheated motor.
probably but not everyone knows to pull over when cars overheat, many people think things are fine until they hear rattling or see steam and smoke. :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts