TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just browsing eBay and found a fog lamp that the seller claimed is OEM for 92-97. I always assumed they are different because of the different style bumpers. Are they the same? Could I use the brackets and lights off of my '93 parts car for my '95?

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
OEM foglights are crap. They had 5w yes, FIVE watt bulbs, and people have melted them with high wattage bulbs.

Just get some Hella FF75s or similar.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fast Ed N said:
92 - 97 is correct for the model year coverage on the OEM fog lamps.
Cool! I guess that is some cash that I won't have to spend.
Would it be safe to hook them up with the headlights? I had an '84 Olds Cutlass back when I was a young 'un that I put foglights in. I wired them straight in to the headlights and that car always had electrical problems. I don't know if that was the reason or if it was just the "GM" stamped all over the place. I don't feel up to trying to rig a switch somewhere in the interior.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Th factory fog lights were really just for looks. Save your money and put in some good lights like everyone else is mentioning.

I too have been in this same situation and after putting in stockers for no light I said the heck with it, spent the $50 and enjoyed visability.

Choice is yours though. :confused:

-Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts