TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the motor is back in, and completely assembled, and running. it fired right up, and idled smooth as silk, eve with open exhaust.

once it was all put back together, we noticed a small mis-fire. barely noticable at idle, but if you stomp the throttle, it was quite pronounced.

looking for clues here.

here is what we know:
no codes
new wires
new plugs(764's gapped 0.054)
new temp sensors
cleaned MAF
functionign IMRC's
carb cleaner sprayed over EVERY vaccuum line/T-connection
35-39 lbs fuel pressure
properly working fuel injectors

so, I know everything is working properly, but we cannot seem to find the source. it feels like a dead hole on number 8, but when I un-plug the spark plug wires one at a time, the mis never changes. same thing when I unplug the injectors one at a time.

I know it has to be simple. it must be something we unhooked, or didnt hook back up right. I used my 94 as a model to check/re-check everything.

so, I am hoping some of you 4-cammer guys(or anyone) might be able to "remind me" of one of the obvious things I am probably forgetting to check. tomorrow, I will probably do a leakdown, and a compression test.

just remember, the heads cam of a perfectly working 95 with 60k on it.

thanks.
:confused: :bangwall: :bangwall: :zdunno: :zdunno:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hey
I have a similar problem when mines cold and i go up the street it misfires a bit for about thirty seconds and then doesn't do it again the rest of the day. It has to sit to the point where its completely cold. i can't figure mine out either becuase its not there when i back out of the driveway just on the first thirty seconds of acceleration. Does this sound like your problem too or am i mistaken. I have a small exhuast leak right in the flange where the header meeets the exhaust pipe perhaps its something to do with the pipe not being on there maybe one of those wacky obd-II things who knows keep me advised i am curious if you come up with any solutios i know i am puzzled.

Will

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will do mechman. Our problem is not the same. This car has no miss if you slowly depress the gas pedal. if you drive like your 70, it runs smooth. But if you whack the throttle while in park, its a 7 cylinder rev.(or so it feels). if you slowly raise the rpms, it is smooth.

I am convinced it is something i either didnt plug in right, has a broekn connector, or a coil-pack problem. I sprayed carb cleaner just about everywhere I safely could, and it didnt change the idle one bit, so I am pretty sure it isnt a vaccuum leak. I did discover an IMRC problem though, so this little "catch" helped me double check everything while searching for the problem.

anyone else?
:confused:

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Dirty IAC?

Jay

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
could be. Just trying to eliminate the "stupid" stuff first.

left it alone today. will get after it tomorrow.

thanks...keep 'em coming guys! suggestions rock!

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Don't rev it in Park? :D

Jay

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
FordMan77 said:
Don't rev it in Park? :D

Jay
Darn, then how do I annoy my neighbros, I guess I'll have to go back to mowing my neighbors flowers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts