TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 95 SC that was in storage for many years, Ive got her on the road, New water pump, radiator, hoses, filters etc (plugs and wires are on the list). The exhaust is rotted out, however at some pointe someone eliminated the cats. All the kits I see are for cat back. (I get no check engine light thou). Anyone seen a cat delete kit, or at least the flanged elbows to attach to the manifolds, or am I just gong to have to use straight flange adapters and build my own? Also I'm assuming the manifold connection is 2"?

·
Premium Member
516 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's perfect, looks like I may have to play hunt for the O2 sensor thou, as I don't remember seeing one in the pipe there now.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
That 95 SC is OBD1, so the only o2 sensors are before the catalytic converters ( one of them is in the exhaust manifold ) .. the PCM wont be able to detect anything after the cats so you wont get a check engine light.

The factory SC exhaust has double walled downpipes up to the point where they Y under the transmission .. tends to make these cars sound more ricey when you go with an aftermarket exhaust setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts