TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much would it cost to get a set of 95 sc gfx (side skirts and rear cover) as well as a 97 hood painted white (WT)? I need an estimate, cause I have found these parts allready painted my color and am wondering if it would be cheaper to go ahead and go get them rather than paint these. Any estimates/experiences welcome.

-Joel

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
well if we do the prep i.e. sanding and priming joel. take them to maco and they would probably do it for $400 The one on wornall road know use's rm paint in the nice paint job's .That what brand we used at school and is very good.I have it on my bird. rm is made by basf it's there mid grade line the only better paint of there's is glaserit.They make a cheaper paint call 5 star.I have a gallon of primer but for the gfz and bumper we need to get flex fill primer.The primer i have is rm but it's only for the hood. I have rm flex agent already for the bumper and gfx. The only thing is that i need you to buy a dryer for my compressor and a hose and i will do it for free on the prep work.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The GFX are allready sanded down pretty well, they just need touch up and primer. so $400 is gonna be about the cheapest I can get it done?

-Joel

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I went to the Ford stealership in Rockville, MD and they said they could paint a set of GFX (xenon rear valence and a full set of skirts) for $125. I thought that was a hell of a deal, especially considering they charge you $42 for an oil change lol.

·
Registered
268 Posts
damn thats a good price...i got a 1995 rear bumper cover and side gfx painted in my color mint condition for 220, came in last week just installed and it looks awesome, the hood im not so sure about

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you get it done at a dealership or a smaller place?

-Joel

·
Registered
493 Posts
I guess I got a good deal from a freind who painted my cougar he charged me $450 for a complete nose w/fiberglass hood I bought the paint. I wish I got the gfx pkg prior to having the nose painted. So I guess when I get the gfx I have the whole car painted

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Jason, I forgot about you doing body work. :D Are you coming to the meet in KC next weekend? I've got a small dent in my left rear quarter that I'd like for you to look at. I'd be happy to go halves with Joel (if he wanted to) on the dryer and the hose if we can get that dent taken out sometime. Estimate from a body shop was around 400. The person who put the dent in for me gave me 400 but me being the intelligent old man I am :rolleyes: I used it to paint the SC ground effects and pick up some parts instead.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
hhhmmmm I'd better get a helmet from somewhere then hadn't I? See you there! :D:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts