TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think i have this under the right forum, anyway i have a delima i'm going through i have a chance to get a 95 5 speed blue in color with all options including leather with 82 grand on the clock for 5$ or a 97 v8 sport red with cloth and no sunroof with 40 grand on the clock for about 7$. both of these are from private owners . I know this is more of a preference thing , just wanted some feedback. over time this will be a daily driver.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I would get the 95 SC

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
The 87k '95 SC maintenance cost will be higher and so would the "fun factor".
The 40k '97 4.6 will cost less to maintain.
If you get the '95 SC, will you have a few grand to cover blown head gaskets? clutch? brakes? ect.?
If you don't, get the '97 between $5300.00 - $5800.00. That's about $300.00 more than "trade-in" and $800.00 less than "retail".
Or....... you could just flip a coin.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
95 5-speed, only 574 built !! ;) :D

HGs aren't as much of a problem on 94 / 95 SC from what I've seen ... lots of people with high mileage on them with originals yet. They were improved over the earlier cars.

My 95 was my daily driver for several years, even through the winters here. Has about 125,000 miles on it now, it's been a great car.

cheers,
Ed N.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
I'll be the oddball. I'd likely pick up the 97 V8 if i'm looking for a daily driver. SC's are a whole lot more fun stock, especially when its a 5speed, but they're expensive to maintain. Most of the SC's i've encountered live in the domino effect. If its not one thing goin out, its another. And sensors and other things for an SC aren't cheap.

·
Registered
946 Posts
How about going with a rolling chassis MN12 and a PI GT motor? Some TLC and a remanned/built 4R70W and you'll be out less than $7,000 with a pretty nice ride.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
SC.....:ztoohot:SC....:ztoohot:SC......:ztoohot:

not that i'm biased or anything........

:hitit:

·
8,239 Posts
cyntaxx said:
How about going with a rolling chassis MN12 and a PI GT motor? Some TLC and a remanned/built 4R70W and you'll be out less than $7,000 with a pretty nice ride.
Yep thats what myself and my brother are doing with his tbird.

04 Explorer Motor swap with 04 4r70w, a few bolt ons and a dyno tune = 13 second n/a full weight tbird. NA cars are more fun than blower cars.

The key is to find a rust free chassis which we might have to go south to get one, all the ones up here are rot boxes.

JH

·
Registered
946 Posts
Justin,

NA cars are more fun than blower cars?? No way! Nothing better than a blower whine or turbo hiss! :D

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
cyntaxx said:
[shameless plug] For $4,000 you could have the exact same thing, no TLC required. ;)

[/shameless plug] :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
go with a 1994-1997 v-8 if looking for a daily driver and low maintenance costs. Go with the 95 5-speed if you are looking for a "show car" or weekend warrior. Bottom line...It's your money, do with it what you please

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I would say go with the '97 v8 from a reliability point of view, althought he 5spd SC would be fun... Just with what I have seen and heard of the 3.8, I would never buy something with a (Ford) 3.8. The 4.6 on the other hand is a solid motor.

Just my $.03

1 - 20 of 21 Posts