TCCoA Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
522 Posts
Wow man that's an excellent job you are doing. The engine is gorgeous and the car looks super clean too. Which transmission are you using?

What a great swap/mod, that thing will rock set up that way.

I did not read all your input so I missed the power level you are at. It looks pretty stock in the photos, but hard saying. I would think stock with the VVT in that thing you won't need much more to get 500 to the wheels right?

· Registered
1995 40th Anniversary Edition 4.6L
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Wow man that's an excellent job you are doing. The engine is gorgeous and the car looks super clean too. Which transmission are you using?

What a great swap/mod, that thing will rock set up that way.

I did not read all your input so I missed the power level you are at. It looks pretty stock in the photos, but hard saying. I would think stock with the VVT in that thing you won't need much more to get 500 to the wheels right?
Thanks, I'm using the 6R80auto that came with engine from the Mustang.
As for the power, I'm using the Whipple Gen5 supercharger. The person advising me on set up and who will do the Tuning is Jim from JDM Engineering (He has done all my tuning in past years), he advised for Stage1, throttle body and size of injectors, and assures me of 700-725 horsepower. I do not believe that's to the wheel, but truly feel its plenty for a street cruiser.
We do not have a track here right now, but will surely find some WOT time, lol.

· Super Moderator
14,406 Posts
If you're looking to use the vvt, you might be able to use the imrc outputs to run it, ask your tuner.

· Registered
1995 40th Anniversary Edition 4.6L
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Still a long way to go but making some good progress lately.....
Suspension, brakes done and installed. Plumbing for trans cooling, power steering and supercharger cooling all done. Driveshaft installed, gas tank, fuel pump and system all done.
Today's milestone is the wheels are back on and car is down on its own weight.
Now the Control Pack install and all the electrical to merge with the car starts...another big job but oh well.... it's what we like to do, LOL

21 - 25 of 25 Posts