TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have done the 4v cooling mod using MMR's product that connects both cylinder heads (driver side cylinder freeze plug must be removed).
I have searched the forum to find out which heater core side is inlet and which is return. The mod of course goes to the supply side of the heater.
I did find one post that said left side is return. But it seemed ambiguous as I couldn't figure out if it was his left as he was looking at the front of the engine bay or left from the car's perspective.
My question is- if I am sitting in the car, facing forward, ('95 Thunderbird 4.6L) is the outboard most heater core tube inlet or return?
Thanks for your help as without it, I would not have even attempted to do this engine swap. Almost there-- engine goes in next week.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Matt for the quick reply.
Also good to know that it doesn't matter- that's a damn good tip to know.
I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This may help my issue as well. Got a 96 4.6 and with a new radiator & hoses, water pump, thermostat, heater core and heater core hoses. I get practically zero heat while the car is in motion and it takes forever for it to warm up & defrost the windows. And even traveling at 70mph on the interstate for 45mins+ it never reaches 'Normal' operating temp. Always reading cold unless it's sitting still.

It blows cool air, even with the heat set to high (Manual temp. control) at least this post would give me a reference to see if I crossed the heater core hoses.

·
Super Moderator
7,529 Posts
If the temperature gauge is never coming up to temp, then the heater core is not your problem. I would start with replacing the thermostat, since it may be stuck open, or missing entirely if it has done this since you first got the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If the temperature gauge is never coming up to temp, then the heater core is not your problem. I would start with replacing the thermostat, since it may be stuck open, or missing entirely if it has done this since you first got the car.
I bought the car for $400 with a cracked block. So I put in a new engine and replaced all the cooling components and it has done it since I got the car running back in May. I don't drive it much, still needs some front end works (balls joints are squealing a little) and shocks.

I'll pick up another thermostat on my way home after work today and see if I can narrow it down. At least it's a cheap & easy swap. Haven't thought much about it since its sitting in the garage. Seeing this post reminded me of it lol

·
Administrator
8,057 Posts
Just double check to make sure the thermostat is facing the right way. :)

Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts