1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
is the circuit board still around or connected

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
I would search and or post this in the drivetrain forum. You will get more resposes there I would think, instead of the engine forum.

Jay

·
Registered
32 Posts
there is a small u shaped clip in the shift handle, remove that & the shift handle will come up. There is a small harness that you will have to unclip. The button & p/c board will come out at that thime. The button & board is available as an assembly only. reinstall the button & board, push the handle back on the shifter & replace the clip, being careful not to nick the wires that connect the button to the board...(dont ask)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fitzwell said:
there is a small u shaped clip in the shift handle, remove that & the shift handle will come up. There is a small harness that you will have to unclip. The button & p/c board will come out at that thime. The button & board is available as an assembly only. reinstall the button & board, push the handle back on the shifter & replace the clip, being careful not to nick the wires that connect the button to the board...(dont ask)
that is why i am asking. while reinstalling the shifter i pinched the two white wires off the connector and now i dont know what to do. the shifter is already off the car. how do i access the little white connector inside the handle.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
v8pwrdbird said:
that is why i am asking. while reinstalling the shifter i pinched the two white wires off the connector and now i dont know what to do. the shifter is already off the car. how do i access the little white connector inside the handle.
You need a new knob. Even if you think you fixed it you will have problems with the OD button only working 50% of the time. You can usually get them on ebay for $20

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i will think about it. i know i can get one off of the 7-10 thunderbirds in the junkyard probably for free so let me check there first. cant beat free ya know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts