TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I was searching around, and I thought I had to remove the diff, the driveshaft, and exhaust to get the fuel tank out. Then I read in a thread where someone said about getting prepaired to drop the exhaust. So I checked on the PTS, and it just says to remove the exhuast, then the tank. Is this correct or is this just fords magical BS of just remove "this" and you SHOULD have enough room to get "that" out? I have to take my tank out, and let it out, seeing how I'm putting a fuel cell in.

Just checkin,

Thanks for the info,

Brandon

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
Thats what I read , Ill be doing this so that I can swap torque converters .

Goddluck.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
to get the tank out just pull the exhaust.

now if you want to get the diff/driveshaft

·
Registered
294 Posts
VicRattlehead said:
to get the tank out just pull the exhaust.

now if you want to get the diff/driveshaft
thought I'd throw this question in an existing thread rather than a new one:

What has to be done to replace the shield around the tank? Do you have to replace the whole tank? I noticed the Shield raps around the tank and the two halves are riveted together (or spot welded? I didn't look that hard...hope it's riveted, or Ford is just stupid.)

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Well since the tank is plastic and the shield is metal I can assure you it isn't spot welded to the tank :)

·
The Parts Guy
7,647 Posts
The two halves of the sheet metal sheilding around the fuel tank are indeed spot welded to each other. If you're replacing it, you could drill out the spot welds on the old halves and rivet the new halves together.

-Rod

1 - 6 of 6 Posts