TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the 04 PI swap a wile back and reused my 95 Engine harness. I would like to swap into a 96/97 Engine Harness but I'm not sure if it is a plug and play deal. Somewhere i have a electrical problem (even before the swap) that I'm haunting down.
So to the question again, can I take the 95 Harness out @ the firewall connector and just replace it with a 96-97 Harness ????? Thanks for any help and Input.

-Maic

·
5,650 Posts
No you cannot. If you want to use a 96/97 harness, you have to do one of two things:

1) Replace the computer harness. This will also involve changing the connectors that meet with the dash. You will also need to figure out what to do with the rear oxygen sensors since they are fed through the engine harness on the 95 and through the dash/trans harness on the 96/97.
2) Rewire the original computer harness. You'll also be modifying the 96/97 engine harness to add the rear oxygen sensor wires.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No you cannot. If you want to use a 96/97 harness, you have to do one of two things:

1) Replace the computer harness. This will also involve changing the connectors that meet with the dash. You will also need to figure out what to do with the rear oxygen sensors since they are fed through the engine harness on the 95 and through the dash/trans harness on the 96/97.
2) Rewire the original computer harness. You'll also be modifying the 96/97 engine harness to add the rear oxygen sensor wires.
Thanks for the fast reply. Ques I just swap into another 95 Harness some Time.

-Maic

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Yeah that (modifying another 94-5 harness on the side) would be cool and you already have all necessary pigtails on your current modified stock harness, not to mention the extra lengths of stock-color wire to add extensions to a "new" 95 harness. I wish I would have made all of my wires lay better when I did the PI swap. I am still going to do it....one of these days.
-Rob

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah that (modifying another 94-5 harness on the side) would be cool and you already have all necessary pigtails on your current modified stock harness, not to mention the extra lengths of stock-color wire to add extensions to a "new" 95 harness. I wish I would have made all of my wires lay better when I did the PI swap. I am still going to do it....one of these days.-Rob
Would be a nice weekend project, and you'r right about the extra color wire. LOL
Never thought of that.

-Maic

·
Super Moderator
16,814 Posts
Trans harnesses are different too, the rear O2 sensors are located there instead of the engine harness so most of the pinouts are different. You'll also need to drop the pan and swap TCC solenoids.

The connectors at the dash are not only different, but the wires in them are all flipped around so splicing becomes quite a mess. I ended up making a jumper harness for mine to make the process more plug and play...

The white connector is for the rear O2's

I didn't remove the dash when I did this to mine, just the airbag and glove box.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts