TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a 95 soon to have a 4.6 dohc with a turbo set up my problem is i know very litte about turbos i what this to be a full race car should i go with twin hair dryer or a single??what are you thoughts?
:confused:

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
single would be cheaper to do. Twins just have a cool factor they do spool up a little faster. What do you mean soon to have a turbo setup? If your looking to make lots of power I would say go with a single. youll need custom made turbo headers and since your looking for big power youll need good quality stainless pipes for the hot side. new exhaust, upgraded fuel system, large fuel pump, lines, regulatrors, injectors, tuning(many options here), possible stand alone efi?, the dohc is going to be made forged right?,intercooler, bov, wastegate, turbo, lines, relocating stuff and so much more theres alot involved. Hope you have a big buget?;)

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
Theres not a lot of Turbo mn12 here , It must be hard to do .

·
Registered
288 Posts
money would be better spend on a single GT series turbo than twins. Its all on your budget and your goals really. I mean, are you looking for a street car with 400hp or a 1500hp monster powered by a thumper? Figure out what you want to do "realistically" then look for what you need.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Twin sounds cool but single will get you what you want and more.

Tough road by the way. I'll be watching.

·
Registered
111 Posts
defintely get some pictures up if this project takes off. it'd be cool to see a turbo mn12

1 - 7 of 7 Posts