TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 xr-7 with the abs light on(since I got the car in July of 06) The car belonged to a friend of mine who was the second owner and was like this when he bought it. The car has now 67,800 miles on it and runs great and stops pretty well (except for the no abs).There is a harness in my trunk hanging loose that I have seen on another 95 cougar (mounted to the under side of the rear deck)
(both not premium sound) but in the other cougar it was connected to a black plastic box about 5x5 inches and that isn't in my trunk .

Now I don't really mind the abs not working as I am not a fan of abs but I have been noticing another issue recently, when I hit the brake nice and hard(to avoid cats or whatever the case maybe) the pedal gets hard and doesnt seem to stop all that well under hard braking (with all new rotors and pads, ceramic front semi metallic rear only 2 months old now). Also while sitting at a light holding even pressure on the pedal sometimes the car will start to creep foward just barely after its stopped for like 30 seconds, now this doesn't always happen so Im pretty sure the lines are fine, and the fluid level is fine as well so I am stumped on what it may be? any help would be apreciated.

p.s. under normal driving conditions the brakes stop fine with no issues at all not even pulling to one side or another.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I can tell you in a haynes manual that is listed as either ABS & or EVO controller. I dont have it right in front of me so this is from memory.

·
Registered
431 Posts
EVO is the variable boost steering system. Electonic Variable Oriface IIRC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts