TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well the T-45 is a paperweight in my garage now! I'll make a thread for the new swap. To start off here is the new unit!

less than 11k miles in an 08 Shelby GT.

This is what I currently have sitting on the car. It's a 10.5" RAM HDX clutch kit for a 10 spline Input Shaft

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
both transes is a 10 spline so you should be all good...

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
-shift linkage bushing (one of the two pieces cracked in transport but it's only plastic)...is this what you are talking about?

- Concentric hydraulic throw out bearing (ford OEM unit.)...

- TR-3650 crossmember piece that I can adapt onto my existing crossmember...
Here it is mounted to the stock xmember...with 2 new holes drilled

- A shifter! (with the rod that connects from the shifter to the shift linkage.)

- Custom driveshaft...i think it measured 64 inches...please double check...i will have to find my receipt to see what i ordered

- 3.25 Qts of Royal Purple Synchromax...

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice detailed response! That crossmember setup looks like it is going to be cake to install, I was under the impression you have to weld some brackets to it and then put the bolts through. Also no those bushings are for the shifter, if you look at the top pictures of my 3650 do you see the white bushings that go through the shift linkage above the output shaft? Well the one on the rightside that you can't see is chipped.

If you know what size fittings you used to make that throwout bearing hydraulic line please let me know! I've got a male -4AN line ready to adapt to the new setup already on the car.

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Oh ok...im not sure where to get that bushing for the main shifter linkage...i heard those are kind of tricky to find...i can tell you one thing tho, i ordered the top bolt that holds that in place by accident...its a weird skinny bolt...

as far as the lines, i had my friend at his shop use a brake line to add a couple of other fittings into it and curve it in the original routing like the stock throw out bearing line...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leartmance/page3/

at the end of page you will find the pics of all the fittings.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I'm sure they might come with the stock shifter from ford. I can only hope so. Anyways are you having any leaks with your new fitting or is it going strong?

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
good so far...and they say there is an over travel issue with the SC master and mustang throw out...i put a stopper in there just in case (made out of bolts, took out the rubber stopper to get that cool metal sound)...

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the warning, I'll be getting the slave tomorrow and then i'll get the fitting made when it comes in. I'll have to engineer the same thing for a bump stop, i'll just cover mine in duct tape so it doesn't make too much noise, or I'll just use a piece of the rubber bump stop.

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
I just checked my old notes and emails...mine came to 64 inches long from flange to flange for the driveshaft....but please do double check that to see if yours sits the same as well after you mount that trans

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just checked my old notes and emails...mine came to 64 inches long from flange to flange for the driveshaft....but please do double check that to see if yours sits the same as well after you mount that trans
Yeah Once i get all my misc stuff and have the trans mounted in the car i'll measure the distance and get it made after the fact.

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Any update at all on swap?

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So far just collecting parts smoky! I think I found a stock shifter for dirt cheap with that rod! That's next.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just had my clutch line from the slave made by Pirtek. It's a little bit taller than I wanted (I said 1-2" tall, not 4-5" Lol) but it should work alright, smoky or mechman can either of you vouch that I can get my stainless flex line to connect to this?

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
nice shifter knob...lol...as far as the line, i went in summit racing...look there for whatever fitting u have at the end of that line

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have the line and fitting, I'm just wondering if the line is too tall coming out of the bellhousing? It's about 5" tall...maybe it will fit i don't know. :confused:

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have the line and fitting, I'm just wondering if the line is too tall coming out of the bellhousing? It's about 5" tall...maybe it will fit i don't know. :confused:

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for that picture! that's what I was looking for, from the looks of things I think my line is going to hit the top of the trans tunnel, but if I get my line bent forward towards the bellhousing by about 45 degrees it should be fine. I don't know we will see.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts