TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey does anyone know if a 94-95 supercoupe is faster than the new 04 chevy supercharged impala or monte carlo ? or the early model sc t-birds also? i am toying with the idea of getting one. thanks.

·
Registered
507 Posts
yea, the supercharged montes are mid-high 14 second cars, and the grandprix version (comp g?) are slightly better

·
Registered
293 Posts
The Impala and Monte are front wheel drive and only available with automatics.

Advantage: Thunderbird.

The T-bird may be a few ticks slower, but I'd take that and RWD over a slightly quicker FWD car any day of the week.

·
8,239 Posts
i'd put money on the tbird, no matter which trans you have in it.

I drove the new monte ss, and its really not that fast. I drove the dale earnhart gay one with the blower, my mom ended up buying one without the blower.

bleh, i hate chevys.

Only reason she bought it was my brother works at GM and he gets a sick employee price on it.

JH

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
The SC is a lot better quality than the chevys too. Just my experience but Ive driven the GP GT and they suck. One thing I really hate is GMs traction control all it does is disengage the slipping wheel (and if your in snow that doesnt help much when both have minimal traction)give me a traction lok anyday. My buddy also has a 2000 SS and its a POS has always had somethig wrong with it since he bought it (cant even list them all lol). The thing gets stuck in snow very easily, and with only about 85000 kms the oil pressure is acting up (guessing a bad bearing) the traction control warning light goes off everytime it engages.....etc

·
Registered
507 Posts
i'm not sayin i actually like the cars, i was just statin the numbers, even w fwd they're still abit quicker w a good driver, course i wouldnt trade my rwd for it. and the worse part is the 06 models r still fwd but are gettin a 5.3 v8

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
i'd say the 95 SC....it has more torque i believe....Not only that, the 95 Tbird SC is just a mysterious car, which seems like it can probably kick any cars @$$ that has a V-6 or smaller!, and it'll probably beat many V-8's @$$ also. Though it's only 230 hp, it just seems like one of those...monsterous, myterious, legendary, heroic, cars that can take on the whole world!!! :D The 95 Tbird SC is the Superman of cars!!! hehehe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts