TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can someone please inform me where I can buy a replacement for this '96 4.6 DS valve cover 90 degree emissions fitting - see photo link below. I have repaired mine several times, but it needs a replacement. I would be interested in buying a good used one that is not cracked at the 90 degree angle.

Also, does anyone know the official name of this part and perhaps have a website link to one to buy. It looks familiar, I think it has been used on other Ford products?

Thanks very much,

Glenn

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I believe the part number is 6A648, but I can not find it anywhere on the internet. If someone has a used one in good shape I would be glad to buy it plus shipping.

Thanks very much,

Glenn

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Any chance the hole for the fitting is the same size as the PCV valve on the opposite side? I wonder if you could get away with using a hollowed-out PCV valve instead.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestion - I will take a look at the PVC fitting on the PS VC.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
For the general forum information, the above part number is F6AZ-6582-HA group assembly. But, as has been previously reported on an old post, it is only part of the valve cover. The individual part is not available.

So its back to - if someone has a good used one, I would certainty like to buy it. Perhaps someone has replaced their valve covers and still has this vent tube on it

Thanks,

Glenn

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I would make a trip to the local pull-a-part junkyard.

Al

·
Super Moderator
10,296 Posts
It's plastic and easily breakable; I never did figure out how to get it out.

It's the suction input for the PCV system; it needs to be air that passed thru the MAF sensor, and NOT LEAK. :)

Supposedly the engine is sealed, so the air here gets sucked thru the crankcase/heads, and out the passenger side VC atthe PCV valve, into the big hole at the front on the valvebody, on my 96 4.6l's anyway.

Air flow opposes the drainage, so a bunch of oil ends up on top of the heads at high rpms. Which then gets sucked thru the TB, sludging up the engine.

The line from the pcv to the TB is where the oil separator goes. :)

I thought years ago about using a nice looking 1/2" elbow, epoxied nicely into the hole; But I never needed that cover.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts