TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Men any ideas?

Have been running my 96 4.6 with the MIL light on for past 20k mile and codes 1443, 0430,0420 have been the only ones showing up on the OBDII. Car runs good.

Was planning to work on her this weekend and install a new PI intake and injectors, and check the fuel pump installation because after I had it replaced when I was stuck away from home, I get some gas vapors and even a little gas leaking when fully topped off. I am thinking that maybe i need to put a new gasket and locking ring as well check the vent hose.

This week the first cold snap of 20 degrees in CT and I start the car, its driving fine as usual AND the MIL light is OFF. Humm I say. Check the OBDII get the codes 1443, 0430,0420 as usual.

So I clear the codes and now 500 miles later, multiple starts and stop, still NO MIL light, ready on all 7 diagnostics, OBDII says all systems good to go. Car still running good as usual.

This weekend and Monday, I'm fortunate to have few days off and the use of a friends garage.

I know the fuel vapor smell is a bad sign and worth dropping the tank for the inspection, and but I want to do the intake swap because I have signs of some water into cylinder 4 on the spark plug gap.

I"d like to "fix" what the underlying cause of the MIL having been on if its not just a glitchy computer issue.

Does anyone have an idea of what might have caused this Miracle cure?

The only thing which hasn't been change is the EGR pressure sensor and possibly a vac line to it.

Thank, Chris

·
Super Moderator
10,667 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts