TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I have read numerous threads and I have most everything figured out for swapping a 96 v8 into a 94 v8. I just want to check one thing:

I read that there is a different computer, my question is do I need to take the computer and wiring harness out of the 96, or can I just plug the 96 motor into my existing 94 harness?

I have a 94 with 220,000 miles and just found antifreeze in the oil. AND I just happen to have a wrecked 96 sport in my backyard with only 106,000 miles.

ALSO, I am not currently interested in any mods at this time. PI swap or explorer motor sounds good, but I just want my car on the road.

Probably will be parting out the 96 by the way...

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
If I were in the same situation I would yank the 94 motor out and drop the 96 engine in. For direct plug and play you can remove the intakes from both and retain the 94 junk but if I were in your shoes with a 96 parts car I'd modify the 94 harness to accept the few needed newer styled sensors on the 96 engine lengthen a few wires and enjoy the better flowing 96 topend. You may be able to use the 96 wiring harness but I'd check a wiring diagram first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts