TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I just killed my 95 4.6L and just bought a 1996 Burgundy 4.6L... Anyways the car has a couple of minor issues:

1) The Gas Gauge doesn't work...

I am not sure why. The Fuel gauge reads wayyyyyyyyy past the F and the Low Fuel light on the VMM is lit. There IS fuel in the tank. At least 3/8 tank.

wtf. Seriously.

The other issue which is mostly unrelated is that the trunk toggle has disappeared and there is no key to the trunk. :(

Anyways let me know what I should do.

Best,
Ghost

·
5,650 Posts
For the fuel guage, you might consider checking to see that the circuit board (anti-slosh module) on the side of the instrument cluster is fully seated and has clean contacts.

By trunk toggle do you mean the button to open the trunk? If it's gone, you can still get in the trunk by taking off the center console top and jumping the two wires that go to the switch. This will open the trunk and from there you can replace the lock cylinder.

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
Maybe there is something in the trunk you aren't supposed to find, lol.

But seriously, jump the wires and it'll pop open.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
My gas guage had the same symptoms inluding the LF light. Was just a bad connection in the cluster. Just unplugging then reconnecting the cluster may fix it.
Good luck.
Bob

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, that's easier than pulling the gastank. It just means I have to disassemble the cluster. Ohh teh wells. I'll give that a shot later this week. This weekend I am stripping my black 95 of parts to put on the 96... my brakes being a key component.

Best,
Ghost

1 - 5 of 5 Posts