TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a 95 that needs a motor and i like the 96-7's a little more (except for plastic intake), they are easier to work on. do i need a new hood to fit the different motor? do i need a new computer for the 96-7 or is it the same as the 94-5's? thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,476 Posts
You don't need a different hood or computer. You will need different fuel lines, as well as the vacuum harness, and the 95 wiring harness will work, but will need to be taken apart and re-taped to make it fit the 96 top end better.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Might as well go with a PI motor if you go to the trouble to put a complete 96 engine, otherwise just use the 96 as a long block and put the 95 intake, rails, etc. on as said above.
95 Hood will fit either.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dusty how much did you end up spending on that pi swap you got there.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I got a new Ford engine and new all the other parts from Ford back in 2001, It was about 5k installed. Then there is the tune, exhaust etc. Adds up pretty quick. Suspension is worn out - the list goes on. Used stuff is pletiful these days so I am sure other guys have done it cheaper.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
As a refernce point when I swapped an 02 explorer motor in my 94 in 2003 I spent $1500 including the $1000 I spent on the motor

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I have '03 pi explorer engine under my '94 hood. Its tight, but it closes, and doesn't rub.

~MG~

1 - 8 of 8 Posts