TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Right here is an excellent write-up with pictures. I am partial to that setup.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
You don't have to but if you don't there is a gap between the headlights and the hood. I have a picture of mine before I got the hood on:

The whole passenger corner got smashed. That was my justification for doing the swap.

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool what about the bumpers, are they interchangeable? i dislike how the front bumpers just get so thin and thats it, seems like the 96/97's have more to them.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think you can put a 96/97 bumper will bolt right up to a 94/95 car. If you want a 94/95 bumper on a 96/97 car you have to swap out the "honeycomb" stuff behind the bumper because the 96/97 bumper sticks out farther.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Yes you need to swap out the bumper support, as well as the cover. 8ate8 is right, if you dont swap you need to cut. I personally like the '95 cover better. :D

-Joel

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
they do make a cobra R hood for the 97 correct? and that hood will work on a 94 with the different latch release? i was actually thinking about going into a full pin on hood...

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Yes they do make that hood. It will work on a 94 with the headlight conversion... you dont even REALLY need the latch release... guess that doesnt matter with a full pin on though.:D

-Joel

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
My '93 has a '94 bumper, '96 headlights and VFN cowl hood.

The '94 bumper was an direct bolt-on with the hood and lights. I don't think the '93 bumper will fit the lights correctly.

I used the '96 header and '93 hood release. Just drilled a couple small holes for a zip tie to hold the lever in place. I will probably eliminate the secondary latch now since I have hood pins.

You might research whether the '93 bumper will work.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Has any manufacture ever produced or will produce 95 style clear headlights for T-birds and cougars? Swapping the whole front end for lights is kind of expensive.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
phatcat said:
Has any manufacture ever produced or will produce 95 style clear headlights for T-birds and cougars?
Nope.
phatcat said:
Swapping the whole front end for lights is kind of expensive.
I agree, but it doesn't just give you clear lens... it makes the whole front of the car look different. You can usually find all the parts (used) for ~$300. In my case I had to replace several parts anyway so I figured... why not? It would have been just as expensive to put it back stock.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
$90 new headerpanel from Ford
$75 for Headlights
$40 for clear corners
$50+20 service charge to Melon for hood;)

$275

That plus gas to pick up the hood from Melon in NE, and I have a much nicer lookin birdie.

-Joel

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
VERY nice homer.... now... im doin same..... jus comin up w/ money... lmao looks very good imo...

·
Registered
443 Posts
I am having problems with the 95 bumper fitting overtop the 96 header between the headlights. I am assuming that I need to trim some of the header away, right?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts