TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't decide in my stammer where to post this question, general tech, 4.6, interior, misc etc. Mods (Oscar) feel free to move where you feel this is best suited.

The setup I need assitance with is the vacuum line assembly going to the furthest 1-2 T-fitting check valve toward the passenger side firewall.

Is it just one of the lines that utilizes this check valve or both? The T-fitting 1-2 check valve I'm refering to is the one located furthest to the passenger side of the firewall near the engine harness bulkhead and fuel lines. It has one black hose comming from another T-fitting which splits into said check valve into an additional black line which leads to the inner fender (assuming evap related) and a light grey line which leads to the interior (assuming a/c related). I have damaged this 1-2 T-fitting durring my engine swap (snapped right in half).

My only noticable problem is a/c vent possition, but I'm sure given time it will additionally set an evap problem. If they both share a check valve would I be able to pick up a generic one way vacuum check valve from a local parts store and put that in line to the manifold vacuum source and get a 1-2 split and tie them in or should I just bite the bullet and drive down to my local junkyard and pull the correct factory 1-2 T/check valve? I'm just trying to button up loose ends my nearest junkyard is 30 minutes away, my local parts store is walking distance.

Thanks all.
Chris.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Matt, since your the EVTM junkie (sig reference) any idea?

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went into my local parts store asking for an inline vacuum check valve and right next to the inline unit was a "GM" replacement single in check valve dual out vacuum T. Looks nothing like the ford unit but it works just the same. Sort of looks like a dradle, but looks aren't as important as functionality. I'm just happy it fit and worked. It made for a much cleaner installation than what I was planning to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts