TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the tittle says has anyone done this and do you have any pic`s? I still have a SC bumper form a 93 and the ground efx and would like to put them on a newer LX but im not sure if the large door guards will get in the way?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
If you have them in in your possession why don't you hold them up to your car and see? Let us know.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
They just fit under the cladding. I tried it a few weeks ago and have decided to put them on my LE.

·
Registered
744 Posts
like this:

sorry for the huge pics. I haven't had a chance to play around with the door pieces as they need to be painted. They do overhang the door a bit, so they, or the oem molding may need to be trimmed.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks awsome and will look even better once you get the door trims on. I don`t have a 96-97 yet but im looking for the right one. Can the side body cladding be removed also? How is it held on there. I love the look of the SC but I dont want the problems and my 93 is rusting away.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
It can be removed, (Sir Wills T-bird has the cladding removed) but I think its held on with clips that go in holes in the skin. You'd have to fill all the holes!

·
Registered
744 Posts
i should also note:

i used the metal oem sc brackets to hang the gfx, and this can be tricky work with the 96/97 moldings on the car (if you know how the brackets work, you'll understand what i mean).

i *think* that i can get the door pieces to work w/o modifing anything, but they will hang lower then the bottom of the door. just gotta get off my butt and get this project done.....

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts