TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have changed my fuel pump my fuel filter and my fuel pressure regulator and my car still will not start Im think it may be the maf sensor but I'm not sure it's sounds like it want so start but will not an some times it will start but shut off after a few secs

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
You can test the pins coming in and out of that box that mcm51 is talking about to make sure the relay is bad before you go swapping more parts out and you don't need too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took a five gallon can and put the fuel filter line in there and turned the car on and the pump never shut off I hook up a pressure regulartor to the car it's about 35-40 psi I have never had that before so I'm getting the fuel just not starting

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Maybe look at the crankshaft position sensor. Does the tach register RPM when cranking or just sit at 0?

Al

·
Registered
184 Posts
Check your (TPS) throttle position sensor. Seems like its not getting fuel and starts for a few seconds and dies. Sounds just like the symptoms I had when mines went out. Its not very expensive either.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Have you tested the coil pack? Check all of the connections for corrosion. What were the symptoms leading up to you changing the pump?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts