TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am needing to replace the chrome molding that runs from the front license plate to the rear, however, I want to replace this with molding that is the color of my car or molding that could be painted to match.

I want to give it the T'bird look and get rid of the chrome molding that is pitted out from weather, etc.

Thanks,
JJ3538

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Paint it. Or find a bird in a junkyard with good body panels and plan on spending several hours trying to get everything off. You'd have to switch to the Thunderbird front bumper, so you'll loose your Cougar grill, and taking off the side moldings will be no easy feat. Talk to Sir Wil bout taking them off.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paint it

Thanks for the input.

I would like to paint it but my body guy seems to think it will not look good.

However, I think if it were prepared (sanded and primed) that it would take the paint just fine and look good.

Anybody else have any thoughts on the matter.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is rubber underneath

I peeled back the outside and crome foil to a gray surface. I am hoping that this grey surface can be painted. If so the car will look very sharp.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
It's just chrome look tape--peel it off & get the cladding painted to match the car, it will work. The guy who posts on here under NickTSFB or whatever has a Tbird with, among many other things, a cougar front bumper....no chome, all paint. Take it to a different body shop that's willing to finish it properly.

earl

1 - 7 of 7 Posts