TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and could not find exactly what I was looking for. I have a huge hole in my front bumper and a bunch of other damage from some jerk that backed into my bird and took off. I decided now would be the perfect time to do some conversions to the 96 front end. So I have a few things that need clarification. I know what is needed to convert to 96 headlights. I would also like to convert to the 96 front bumper cover. What is needed besides the 96 front bumper? Will I need a 96 hood as well? Where is the best place to buy a custom 96 hood?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
I think you also need the honeycomb material behind the bumper cover. It has a different profile than the 95, and the bumper cover won't fit right.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Also you might need the lights. I am not sure on that one. The 96/97's were a little smaller. Not in legnth but in other ways. The hood you wont need but if you have the lights there will be a slight gap between the lights and hood. Lots of people swap out 96/97 lights onto their 94/95. Probably half of them do the hood too but you can get away without.

·
Registered
811 Posts
These guys are right. If you want to just change the bumper you'll need the front bumper and comb crap. If you want to do it all and make it look right you will need the font bumper, comb crap, header panel, corners, lights and hood. I personaly think 94-5 had the best looking front end. I would find another one and do the headlight swap.

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
I like the look of the 94-5 front ends too, nice and smooth. The 96-7 front end is alright but a little too busy IMO. I love the 94-5 headlights cause the running lights look like a cop's (I've even scared my best friend driving behind him before :D), but for my current project I've gotta do the 96-7 headlights. I just love both year's headlights *sniff* it's a shame I have to choose :(

·
Registered
811 Posts
Falcon5783 said:
I love the 94-5 headlights cause the running lights look like a cop's (I've even scared my best friend driving behind him before :D)...
Funny you say that, I've always thought the same thing.

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
haha, I know right! I've seen some people doing stupid stuff late night, dusk/dark times, and I'll pull up behind em real fast and they'll slow wayyyyyy down, it's great. I'll kinda miss that with my 96-7 conversion

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
Yes, but the clear lenses and different shape of the headlights are a pretty considerable difference. The 94-5s have the fluted lenses like the Police Interceptor Crown Vics

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
JoeGoalie said:
Does anybody have a picture of what it would like to have a 94/95 bird with 96/97 headlights but not the hood?
Ask and ye shall recieve:

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
JoeGoalie said:
Does anybody have a picture of what it would like to have a 94/95 bird with 96/97 headlights but not the hood?
As you can see from the pictures it looks like you have a big uneven hood gap. I've always tought swapping the headlights but not the hood looks kind of half-assed unfinished.

Note those cars also have 96/97' corners. without those the headlights stick out past the old corners making it look even more mismatched...

Look at moore89's car and you can see how much better it looks if you do it right. His hood to bumper gap in actually a lot narrower then the stock 94/95 hood. I wish he took a photo that better shows it from the top down. just curious how the center peaked bumper lines up with the hood...

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83188

Falcon5783 said:
I love the 94-5 headlights cause the running lights look like a cop's (I've even scared my best friend driving behind him before :D
And I used to hate everyone I'm behind thinking I'm a cop and slowing down to drive like eff'in grandma... what a pain in the *** that used to be. :(

It hasn't happened to me in a long time though. It seems all to easy to tell the difference between current vic cop cars and the old ones that actually looked the same as the mn12 lighting. They are all long gone out of service around here. I can easily tell the difference between the new ones and the old ones from afar, even in my mirror.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
wow :eek: those dont fit the car at all... good thing i haven't done mine yet.... sux tho... means i dont get to do the angel eyes mod... maybe i can attempt to clear my headlights out... and put the 96/7 reflective deiffuser in it... hey.. a man can dream... right? maybe this is a project for porkchop.... idk.. just ranting.. and another thing... NEVER put foglights in that bottom air inlet unless they're stock.. or if you have them hidden... they just scream FUGLY... ok.. dont ranting... carry on.. lmao. and imo.. the 95 frontend does look the best.. of course the 55 looks the sexahest.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
sinhumane said:
wow :eek: those dont fit the car at all... good thing i haven't done mine yet.... sux tho... means i dont get to do the angel eyes mod... maybe i can attempt to clear my headlights out... and put the 96/7 reflective deiffuser in it... hey.. a man can dream... right? maybe this is a project for porkchop.... idk.. just ranting.. and another thing... NEVER put foglights in that bottom air inlet unless they're stock.. or if you have them hidden... they just scream FUGLY... ok.. dont ranting... carry on.. lmao. and imo.. the 95 frontend does look the best.. of course the 55 looks the sexahest.
But it looks great if you put the right hood on and pull the bumper cover forward to match the front edge of the hood.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
that'll look sweet once you've got the hood painted.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
yesh... much sexaher.... sorry for the rant... but yeah... ok, maybe the front-end project is back on... but i'm doing the full conversion all at once.. no hood gaps for me... no sir..... then i can do my angel eyes...

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
trust me you will want the hood. i drove with my 96+ projectors and a 95 hood for about 2 years!!! ouch....then i finnaly get a 97 hood and now im parting it out:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
whatabuh HUH? is that an actual police cruiser? i'd be scurred....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts