TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a set of 96-97 4.6 2v heads swap over to a 94-95 tbird? If not, what needs to be done, and what do u need to make it work?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the intakes will match up then? And doesn"t half to be swapped to a 96-97 style? Tje reason for asking is bc i have a set of 96heads F/s w 70k on them, and a guy asked if they would wrk on his 94. bc the plenum and trottle body are different than a 96-97.

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
The heads will work fine as said, direct replacement. The 96+ heads are better than the 94 - 95, but I don't think you will see any gains. The 94 - 95 have a different intake, but the ports are identical to the 96 - 98 ports. It wouldn't be a bad idea to update to the 96+ parts and run PI cams and intake.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Ok, well It just dawned on me that he is probably refering to 96/97 T-BIRD heads...

Saying 96-97 4.6 2v... I automatically assumed cross platform because there really isnt any sense in swapping 96 gen heads to 94 gen... unless its in a repair situation I guess.

But as its still stands, the :search: button would be your best friend.

~MG~

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, a guy wants to buy the haeds, and wanted to no if they would fit his 94, bc his seals are bad. They came off a 96 Mustang GT w 70k, and the car ran perfect,the guy went to PI heads. I told him i would check for, bc i wasnt sure bout the 94. Bc all ive owned is 2 97 tbirds.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Well then if he is just needing a set of heads they those will work fine and (I hear) they will be an improvement over the stock set if he gets to where he wants to do more later. I don't have much experience on the older heads as to what the differences are that make the newer ones an improvement. I just know that I hear from people I trust that they are.

Darrin

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya, I would to, but I dont think he wants to try and change just the seals. And for only wanting $200 obo for the heads and only 70k on them. its not a bad deal. I just need to get read of them and the motor i have bc its taken up to much space. And im wanting to go to a PI motor swap, and need the stand and room.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
they will swap over just fine, they are a direct swap, I would have responded to this sooner if I had not gone on vacation, $200 is a good deal for them, get the heads and a ford 4.6 head changing kit from jason at parts counter or summitracing.com, the intake will match up fine and this headswap gives you potential to upgrade to things like a PI intake and PI cams later on if you so wish.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well im waiting for the guy to decide on them, bc he said he wont have the money till this weekend. but i got a feeling he may not do it, bc he kept talkin bout goin to the local pick in pull and getting a complete motor. So there still f/s,but i dont no how mush shipping would cost.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts