TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup does anyone know if the 96 4.6 limited slip?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Its an option, the best way to check is to look for a tag on your pumpkin on the cover bolts. If its there it'll Have an a 3 digit number (your gear ratio) and if its a limited slip, it'll also have an L on it. If theres no L, it's open. You can also check your door tag for your axle code, but i dont know the codes by heart. You could always do a little chirp of your tires on pavement and see how many marks it makes. 1 mark, its open, 2 marks, its Limited slip.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
True except.... It doesn't necessarily HAVE to be a limited slip to leave two marks. All things being equal, an open rear end can and will leave two marks. However, things are always equal... ;)

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
True except.... It doesn't necessarily HAVE to be a limited slip to leave two marks. All things being equal, an open rear end can and will leave two marks. However, things are always equal... ;)
make 2

yeah, your right, but i've never been able to get mine to leave two marks, thought maybe it was an IRS thing. Cuz i've got several solid axle open diffs to leave two marks.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
check your diff tag, some door stickers were marked incorrectly.... iirc

·
Registered
974 Posts
Put it on stands and rotate the wheels. If they rotate opposite from eachother it's open. If they rotate in the same direction t-lock...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts