TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here it is, my 96 with 100K just starting acting up. It idles fine, no misses, no shakes, but under acceleration, it stumbles. It keeps doing it at crusing speed as well (30 mph+ and around 1500-2500 rpm). The only time it seems to run smooth is at idle. The best way to discribe it is it feels like someone is quickly pinching the fuel line with visegrips as I drive. Help???

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
I'm going to assume you don't have the original plugs and wires on the car? Also, check the usual suspects - dirty MAF, clogged fuel or air filter.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I forgot to add that... I have changed to plugs and wires, but have not cleaned the MAF yet... doing that today.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had a similar problem when I switched to bosch plugs. My 4.6 didn't like them, had to go back to OEM plugs. My chevys love the boschs, my 4.6 didn't.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That definitely sounds like a spark issue. My pontiac was doing that for awhile. It turns out that back when I had a coolant leak and the car overheated, it messed up the plugs and boots.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, it finally threw a CEL code. Went to AutoZone and y'all guessed it. Misfire #8 cylinder. So I bought another set of wires and new plugs and went to work. Fixed it!!
Thanks for all the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts