TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did I search, found the one thread I was looking for but it didn't answer the question of IMRCs. Will my lincoln (96) work with a 96/98 intake bolted onto it or will I have to find 97-98 ones?

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
I'm 100% sure that Gen I IMRC's will not work with the Gen II intake. :(

I'm 100% sure that the Gen II IMRC's will work with the Cobra Intake. :D

I'm 100% sure that the Cobra IMRC's will work with the Cobra Intake. :leftright

I'm 80% sure that the Gen I IMRC's will not work with the Cobra Intake. :2huh:

But here's the kicker (and you probably already know this… but): The Gen II and Cobra IMRC's are gear driven and don't use the vacuum operated controllers like the Gen I IMRC’s. The Gen I's are spring loaded to stay open with no vacuum applied. The vacuum holds them shut. The Gen II’s and Cobra are the exact opposite. They are spring loaded to stay closed and the gear mechanism pulls them open at the correct rpm.

So using the Gen II/Cobra IMRC’s gets a little “interesting” from an operating standpoint.

My LSC uses the same IMRC’s and controller as a Cobra… so the Cobra intake swap is easy!! :tongue:

I have both intakes laying around along with a few sets of IMRC's so tonight, if I remember, I'll see if the Gen I's will even fit on the Cobra intake. :thumbsup:

p.s. I'm 100% sure that you are a bast**d ...(j/k). :rofl:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Fubarian said:
did I search, found the one thread I was looking for but it didn't answer the question of IMRCs. Will my lincoln (96) work with a 96/98 intake bolted onto it or will I have to find 97-98 ones?
go over the ww.mark8.org why dont you go over their for your answer for the mark you wont really get much info here
________
vaporizer questions

1 - 5 of 5 Posts