TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mr. Jiggy Fly
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a diagram showing what everything is on the DOHC Mark motor, so when I do my swap, I hook everything up correctly. Where would be a good source for this infomation???

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Your 2v motor still in the car?
Label all connectors before you un-do them, and that will help you more than anything. Once you know/label/take notes on where everything is/ it's function, etc. You will have a much easier time hooking up that 4v

·
Registered
64 Posts
Get a Ford Service Manual on CD, works for every ford car of the year you get, also has EVTM. This will show you every wire, every connector, a breakdown of almost every system and part on your car, an invaluble resource. I'm not sure of how legal it is, but it's available on Ebay for 10 to 15 bucks, also they can be downloaded online, but i forgot the site, maybe someone else knows? You can also get the paper manuals on ebay but they're a little more pricey.

·
Mr. Jiggy Fly
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, thanks......I think I am going to buy those manuals on cd. I am going to label everything on the 2V motor when I take it off as well.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
These are what the Service CD would get you. This is from the 1996 one, just the electrical connectors. I didn't check out the mechanical portion for other things, but this give you a good idea. If they are too small or text isn't readable, PM me and i will get them to you. I was hoping to have a little web space here as a paying member but that isn't the case.

http://www.fordcds.com I don't think people should be selling them either copies or originals, or if they do, that making the images available isn't that big of a deal. I bought two that matched the years of my cars (2000 and 1997) and one for my dads vehicle from someone who worked as a tech or in some form at a dealership.

Well, lets add this one, it is always fun!

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
the swap of a pre 97 mark motor into a 94-95 tbird is easy. The wiring for the mark viii is almost useless. You should only need all the wiring from your vehicle, but you'll need to splice in a few different wiring harnesses, only because the plug is different. You'll want the IMRC's controlled by an MSD (or something similar) RPM activated switch controlled by an MSD (or similar) EDIS sender box plugged into the ignition coil signal wire. Then get a chip. Done.
-Thomas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts