TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get the code P0411 about once every two weeks or so. The code doesnot come at start up, so its is not the dreaded electric pump under the fender. The code comes after the car is warm usually sitting at a light or waiting to pull into traffic from a side street or parking lot.
Sitting at idle, foot on brake, i hear/feel a small pop/hiss and the brake pedal moves abot 1/4" or so towards the floor, then the CEL comes on. I run the code P0411 incorrect air flow detected.

to date i have check all the easily accessible vacum hoses and check valves including the one on the front of the engine dampener ( yes on a lincoln its right there on a bracket). i 've also fenlt visually inspected the few that are visable at the fire wall.

I was wondering if anyone new of a likely weak point or common break area before i begin tearing all the stuff of the top of the motor to track down the EGR.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Under the throttle body and at the front of the IMRC's are usually overlooked leak points on a 96 and can cause vacuum leaks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts