TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a '96 or '97 off-white Thunderbird Sport with a trunk spoiler. I'm actually looking for various body parts like the trunk lid, hood, bumpers and headlights, but will take a whole car if reasonably priced. I'm located in Connecticut... Let me know what you've got.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I'm looking for a '96 or '97 off-white Thunderbird Sport with a trunk spoiler. I'm actually looking for various body parts like the trunk lid, hood, bumpers and headlights, but will take a whole car if reasonably priced. I'm located in Connecticut... Let me know what you've got.
Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market if you can't find anyone local.

Sports don't necessarily have the spoiler. 97 in particular was a real grab bag as far as accessories. All 97's have 4 wheel disc brakes, regardless of ABS or not, but the only parts you'll always get on a sport are J code springs, 16" SC style wheels, and the Mark VIII front brakes (which require the 16" wheels, and are outperformed by 99-04 Mustang GT PBR calipers on the standard style rotors).

EVERYTHING else, such as SATC, ABS/Traction control, spoiler, was optional and seemingly thrown at the cars at random to deplete leftover parts.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
97's are really bare as far as options go. I just realized the other day that I don't have a glove box lock, WTF!

Al

·
Super Moderator
10,663 Posts
97's are really bare as far as options go. I just realized the other day that I don't have a glove box lock, WTF!

Al
Or the locking trunk release in the console, like my 96's have.

Or maybe that's a Cougar vs Tbird thing. :zdunno:

Someone had cut the cable to the trunk solenoid so it couldn't be popped. :(

·
Registered
60 Posts
I did a '94-96 glove box swap into my '97, which is actually more involved than you would think because Ford changed the shade of interior gray from '94-96 to '97. I did it because the mounting posts for the latch on my glove box were broken and made rattling noises, but I also saw the opportunity to add the gas shock for the soft open, which was also removed in '97.

I don't care for a glove box lock, but the hole for the lock is part of the outer shell, so you can't put a gray locking glove box on a '97 that matches the rest of the gray interior unless you drill your own hole in a '97 gray shell.

Or maybe that's a Cougar vs Tbird thing. :zdunno:
Also removed in '97. As was the locking fuel door.

"Who needs locks anyway?" -Ford bean counters

·
Registered
0 Posts
I'm down in South Jersey but you can have this stuff. Xenon body kit, front Clip, Spoiler with brake light. I'd have to dig around but I have smoked light covers, tail light covers, Chilton manual, never used floor mats.

The only thing I'd like to get a couple of bucks for is the VFN hood if you want it. 96-97 Thunderbird and Cougar

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is a very nice offer of you, Steve! I would love to come for it all... What town are you in, and what are you looking to get for the hood? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
My 97 Sport has the trunk button in the console which I make good use of regularly! (My 2009 Focus doesn't have it and now that the keyfob on that is no longer working, I have to open the trunk for that vehicle via key every time)

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
My 97 Sport has the trunk button in the console which I make good use of regularly!
Pretty sure they all have the button. We're talking about a locking metal button that you lock with the key.

I miss some of those options my '95 had. I could hide my keys in the car at the beach and lock the trunk. Then when I came back, used the keypad to get in and get the keys, and unlock the trunk.

Al

·
Super Moderator
10,663 Posts
If you get a keypad and wiring, you can add it in; the box in the trunk has the inputs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts