TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a leak at the AC compressor hose manifold connection and it has leaked a good bit of oil out over the winter while in storage. System is pretty empty this spring. I'm going to replace the O rings and will need to vac down and charge the system with R-134 and replace the oil charge.

Tips on attacking this?

Thanks

·
SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6 red
3,138 Posts
I've had a leak at the AC compressor hose manifold connection and it has leaked a good bit of oil out over the winter while in storage. System is pretty empty this spring. I'm going to replace the O rings and will need to vac down and charge the system with R-134 and replace the oil charge.

Tips on attacking this?

Thanks
Well let me think here. Well obviously you have to discharge the R134a first. I'd suggest removing the horizontal motor mount bolt. Once that is done lift the motor with a jack with a board between the jack and the oil pan. That will push up the passenger side of the engine. You may be able to get the manifold off with a long 3/8" extension, a 10mm socket and a universal joint. If that doesn't work then just use a 10mm socket to remove the compressor at that point. Then replace your O rings and reverse procedure. It really isn't a terrible job. 60-90 minutes usually.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts