TCCoA Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the complete clutch pedal assembly, brake pedal assembly and brake master cylinder with the clutch master and slave cylinder off a super coupe. My plans where to put it in my 96 t bird but i blew the engine so the car went to the junk yard about ten years ago. Moving into a new house and unpacking stuff from a storage unit look what i found. $ 100 plus shipping from 34473.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,692 Posts
2nd in line if Wile doesn’t take it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aw crap, missed another one.
Read ya later, Nick
Nick do a search for lemons t bird he did a t45 in a 4.6 t bird. They can only spend so much money on a car in that class. It might be on another forum. I was going to look into his set up but my car died.

·
Super Moderator
12,659 Posts
Meh, I'm happy with my built Auto. That's a lot of work to switch to manual from an auto.

·
Super Moderator
7,692 Posts
Its not too bad with the 05-10 Mustang trans. I did the complete swap on my 97 in a weekend.

Reactions: CDsDontBurn

·
Registered
276 Posts
I was dead set on building my AOD, but when thinking about buying a newer Camaro or Mustang, I'd never buy an auto. Just wish there was a better option for a Windsor. Although a T-56 would cost about $3k and so would a built AOD🤔

·
Super Moderator
7,692 Posts
For some reason, nobody gives credit to the M5R2. That is truly a bolt-in swap for a Windsor powered MN12, the gear ratios are better than the T5/T45, they hold up to plenty of power and abuse, and best of all, they are still cheap!

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,625 Posts
Seriously! I envied people with 5.0s to have the M5R2 option, and it’s even a strong transmission to boot. I think the T-56 is slightly overrated, or I should say misused out of reverence. Behind a NA 4.6 or 5.0 the ratios aren’t very complimentary, and the extra gear is just an overdrive that plugs the gap between 4th and OD on the 5 speeds. It’s well suited to the cars they came in but they’re all torquers - Viper, Terminator Cobra, 5.7L LS GMs...

·
Registered
603 Posts
I love my explorer 302/m5r2 combo. Even though mine doesnt have synchros anymore. But Im finding parts for it little by little, and its gonna get rebuilt sometime soon. Hopefully before the end of this year.

I need that shifting right before I can turn the engine up more.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm not in any way an expert, just afraid to put 400+ lbs-ft through one. I know guys have done it, but should it consistently be done?

·
Super Moderator
7,692 Posts
All the built up SCs make more than 400 ft-lbs. I think Ricardoa1 on SCCoA has been running over 500ft-lbs for years without issue. So has Ira R. Hell, before an oil line blew and caught the car on fire, Casey dyno’d 800rwhp on a turbo v6 going through the stock M5R2. They are a really stout transmission!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.