TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I need some help with my 1996 T-Bird windshield wiper transmission. In my limited mechanical experience I have only repaired smaller things such as multi-function switch, gauge cluster bulb replacements, and broken odometer gears.

One of my two wiper blades has stopped moving when activated, and now moves freely by hand. In researching I believe this is a broken linkage bushing. Does that sound correct?

I've watched videos of wiper transmission repair or replacement (although none were a Thunderbird vehicle). Also, I have been unable to find any replacement wiper transmissions or bushings confirmed to fit this vehicle for sale in 2022. I would really appreciate some helpful guidance.

Thanks in advance,
racingmustang

·
Super Moderator
97 Thunderbird 4.6, 98 Mark VIII LSC
11,171 Posts
I had worn out bushings on mine a while back. I have an old, low quality video that I made which shows the linkage and where the slack was, which might help you visualize what may be happening.

There are bushings available new as Dorman 49445, according to some testing done by Ralph (RIP) should work: Rebuild of Wiper Transmission

1 - 3 of 3 Posts