TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am dropping a little gas it appears. Tonight wife said it stank like gas. I saw a small wet spot under car right about at the door handle side of the pass side. I looked under car and could see where gas had leaked/blown up under the car. I assume there are gas lines running down that side. Is the filter near there? We just filled up last night but this gas leak area is just right under the pass seat area of car. It was not soaking wet but was damp of gas.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Yep the fuel filter sits right there. Allthough i dont think a line came loose, its on pretty good. ( if you have ever changed the filter you know what im talking about) I know there was a thread where a hole had rubbed in the line but thats back by the tire IIRC.

I would get under there and take a look at whats leaking, the only thing i can think of is the fuel lines because thats about the only thing on that side.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea it was dark out. Need to look at it in the day light up on a jack.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well looking at it today it APPEARS it is coming over the pass side of the gas tank. It would be a line with a hole up there, hard for me to tell. I aint messing with it. OFF to the shop!

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
The line rubs against the body of the car. Happened on my 97 i had. I just dropped the tank a little bit to gain access and fixxed! Took about an hour.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the Nylon lines from tank rubbed a hole in one another. Fixed now.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess from they told me, how I understood it, is that there are NYLON lines coming from top of tank (fuel pump?) down to (connect) the metal lines up along side or on top of tank. They rubbed on something over the miles and miles and got a pin hole. They got new ones from FORD and all is well again.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I guess from they told me, how I understood it, is that there are NYLON lines coming from top of tank (fuel pump?) down to (connect) the metal lines up along side or on top of tank. They rubbed on something over the miles and miles and got a pin hole. They got new ones from FORD and all is well again.
Had this happen on mine as well. Replace hose, good to go :)

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
My '92 has this very slight leek, the '95 not yet but come spring, I'll check both.

Was worried on '92 about a break in a fitting maybe? Never had one of these down. I know the hose kits are available.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts