TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had an iron block from '98 crown, but drop it and here are the results.

[/IMG]
ya i know, "stupid"

so i've decided to go an aluminum block from a '96 mark 8

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
You bought an aluminum block because you broke the other or because the other can break?

Kidding. Looks like you're gonna have fun.
I need to find me one to build. Before the blue bird goes boom.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Any plans for the teskid???

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
Why didn't you just have someone weld up that cracked iron block? Or did you do other damage as well.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dropped it, like out of the back of a truck, on the way to get iit machined. i was borrowing a buddies truck and it had one of those plastic liners in it. it slid out faster than you can count you to 1, and there it lay on the pavement. what a waste. i only gave a $100.00 for that complete engine and did gain a near perfect crank [ony polishing], vavle covers, timing chain cover and a few other odds and ends.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was concidering having it welded, but do you see how close i was to the cross bolt. being supercharged, i feared that it might not hold up.

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
i was concidering having it welded, but do you see how close i was to the cross bolt. being supercharged, i feared that it might not hold up.
You would have been fine.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
a known welder around here, that a couple of people recomended said it may cost as much as 200 bones. considering that with cooking and boring, i'm not far from the aluminum block with only 50k miles. i don't think i'll need much done at all but , it'll be checked out throughly.

tx cat
did you see my post on 4.6 long block buildup. there are pictures of rods and heads that'll be included in this project. at a later time will i get the pistons, rings, ect. to have it balanced and then start piecing it together.

read ya later, nick

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Ouch... well at least if you dent the teksid block it'll be worth it weight in scrap aluminum.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts